Sunday, April 8, 2012

Quick Update!

I'd like to say I've had a kabillion requests for an update, but really, I've only had one so Jess, this is for you!!! :)

Some quick stats on the kiddos...

Ashley turns 3 in a month and I just can't believe it! How could the sweet baby who made me a mama be so old already? She's super crazy and super sweet and even though she's driving me crazy, I love her to death! We've been working on potty training for about a month now and I'm SO over the "training" part. Can't kids just be magically trained in one day? That would be so nice... Overall I think she's doing well, mostly I think she has accidents still just to spite me. And yes, almost-3-year-olds do harbor spite. At least mine does. :) But again, she's so sweet and she loves Isaac so much. She's such a good big sister and she's willing to help me if it has to do with Isaac haha. She loves playing outside and she wants to go to the park or go swimming almost every day. She begs to go to church so she can go to nursery to be with her friends. :) It's so sweet.

Isaac recently had his 6 month check-up and he's a fat healthy baby! He's over 18 pounds now and he's built solid like his mama and dad. :) He doesn't look as chunky as Ashley did at 6 months, but he's a heck of a lot heavier! He started rolling over at about 5 ish months (WAY sooner than Ashely did!) and now he rolls all over the house and has been scooting for a while now. Crawling is close! I'm so not ready for it though! With another kid came more stuff and I've got lots of things stored within his reach. With no place else to put it, I don't know what I'm going to do! If an extra bedroom or even a storage closet could be magically added to my house (with no extra rent, ha!) I'd be good to go. :) He puts everything in his mouth and has 2 teeth. I don't think Ashley got her first tooth until at least 9 months! He's got a nasty habit lately of biting while nursing so I may have to end that soon, as much as I don't want to. He's super smiley and generally very happy. We finally moved him out of our room a week ago (I was so worried that he'd wake Ashley up at night that I've put this move off for way too long) and I'm so happy to have my room back! He still wakes up once in the night, but so far Ashley has slept through everything and hopefully he'll be sleeping all the way through the night soon!

After eating a red crayon... I swear I'm not a bad mom! From far away this looked like blood and about gave Spencer and I a heart attack! Silly boy...

Spencer and I are doing well. Just chugging along, waiting for school to finally be over. We've wasted lots and lots of time looking at houses we'd like to own in the next year and a half and I think the dreaming has made the wait seem even longer! It's so close, yet so far. :) We're excited for when we get to move onto the next phase of life (though we're not anxious for the kids to grow up too fast!). Enjoy some shots of the kids and I'll try not to go so long without blogging next time! ;)







4 comments:

Curtiss & Ginger said...

hey Im happy for the update too! I can't believe how old these boys are getting!! SO sad :( You look so good!!

Melinda said...

What an adorable family! Love the update, you should do them more often :).

jessiewessie said...

Yay for updates! I can't believe she's almost 3! Your family is adorable.

lynnette stott ward said...

i quietly check your blog quite often - your family is so great and you write with so much reality that i really enjoy it