Monday, January 16, 2012

Isaac's Baby Blessing

     Okay so you've all figured out by now that I'm WAY behind on posting. And it's all these big events at the end of the year that I've failed to post. These are by far the most daunting posts, which is why it has taken me so long to get to them. I decided I can't keep putting it off forever so I'm starting now and hoping I can catch up quickly!

The Sorensen Clan
     Isaac's baby blessing was November 6th and we were lucky enough to have the majority of our families down for the event. All of Spencer's family was able to attend with the exception of his oldest brother and his family who live in Texas. Everyone else came down for the weekend so we had a great time playing with cousins (and we had an especially good time not traveling haha), and showing everyone where we live. For many of Spencer's siblings this was the first time they had seen where we live and the first time Ashley had a chance to show her cousins her fun room and all of her stuff.



The Grimm/Miller Clan
     Most of my family was able to come as well. My youngest brother is on his mission and my second youngest brother was in his first semester at BYU back from his mission and really needed the weekend to study (he felt so bad about it, and I felt bad that he was having such a rough time, but we understood his need to stay so he could do well in school) but my oldest brother and his wife were able to come, along with my parents, grandparents, and my Aunt Kristin's family. We're so blessed to have them just a few short hours away and so they only came down for the blessing and festivities on Sunday. It was great to have both sides of the family together. We were super cramped with over 20 people in our teeny livingroom, but it was still so much fun!





     It was a busy, yet fun weekend and I'm so happy that we have the supportive family that we do. They are all such wonderful people and we're so grateful to all of them for coming to see us and to hear sweet Isaac receive such a special blessing from Spencer.

Ashley was happy to get Isaac back to herself after all the family left. ;)

No comments: