Monday, August 29, 2011

The Sorensen Summer

     First things first...
Yup, this is me. Nice and big. And uncomfortable. You can't see it, but I'm wearing heels. ;) If figure if I'm going to be uncomfortable no matter what I do, I may as well look cute! Oh, and I had to give the opening prayer in Sacrament Meeting that day too. I think there were a lot of people feeling sorry for me. ;)
     Okay, now that I've showed off how large I am, let's get to the fun summer we had with the Sorensen side of the family! I apologize for the lack of pictures, I actually have a ton of them, but out of respect for my sister-in-law who does not like pictures of her family up on the internet, I've decided to include only pictures without them. You can see how much we love them considering there are only 2 pictures from this summer without them in them. :) Ashley spends all of her time with her cousins and she's still talking about them a month after we've been home. :)
     We went to the cabin twice this summer which is awesome because we don't get to go very often anymore since we don't live close now. We went on rides on the 4-wheelers, hiked around, played with bugs, and watched all the men participate in a "Man Challenge." You'll have to ask Spencer about that one. ;) Spencer's oldest brother and his family were able to be there from Texas and we don't see them much so it was a real treat! We also took advantage of the opportunity to take family pictures while there (pictures to follow). We also spent lots of time playing games at the house, and swimming, whether at the city pool or in a kiddie pool in the backyard.
     We were able to visit twice this summer and the first time we visited Spencer had to go back to start his rotation and he left Ashley and I with the family for 4 days. I've never spent time apart from Spencer EVER, not even one night, and Ashley has only spent the night away from him twice and she was pretty little both times so in a way, this was a first for her too. It was so much fun to spend extra time with cousins but by the end of the 4 days we were missing Spencer quite a bit! Ashley's had attachment issues ever since. ;)
     The second time we visited (right before coming home for the summer) Spencer was able to spend the whole time there (yay!) and we were there for almost a week! It was great to see them twice in one summer, especially since we're not sure when we'll see them next because of the baby that's soon to be born. :)
     We had an awesome time with the Sorensen side of the family, we're grateful to have been able to see them so much, and we can't wait to see them again!


No comments: