Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fun stuff!

My mom was here for about a week while Spencer was finishing up his midterms (and let me tell you, if it weren't for my mother and for weekly visits with Merryn and Carolyn, I'd be ready for the nut house!) and while she was here we went to the pumpkin patch! I should back up a little. It is in the mid to high 70s here and up until about a week or two ago it was still in the 80s and 90s. I do NOT feel like this is fall. And there are no changing trees. And I made some delicious spiced caramel apple cupcakes that made my house smell like Thanksgiving and I went outside into the blasted heat and things just haven't made sense around here. I got really use to Utah and to changing seasons. And you can all gasp in shock when I say, I miss Utah. *Gasp!*

So, back to my mom and the pumpkin patch. There's a fun little pumpkin patch just down the street from us so we decided to go for FHE while my mom was still here. We went at night so it was nice and dark (and cooler, but still not cool enough for sweaters) and there was a great Halloween moon! There were pony rides, a petting zoo, and lots of inflatable slides. So cool! You had to pay for that stuff so we didn't do any of it but Ashley was really excited just to watch. So at the petting zoo there was this really ugly chicken. If it weren't for the fact that it was in with other chickens, I would not even have known it was a chicken. Apparently her name was Cruella De Ville if that gives you any kind of idea what this chicken looked like. My mom took pictures of this weird chicken for like, 10 minutes! Ashley had wandered away long before then so we left grandma with the chicken. :) Spencer commented, "Gee, I'm sure glad we brought grandma to the petting zoo..." Haha, for sure! Ashley loved it all and we had a good time watching her dance to the music that was blaring. She sure loves to dance!

And I got some cute pictures (just a few) before my camera died, but don't worry, I will be going back to get more! Enjoy!



We also gutted Ashley's first pumpkin on Saturday! ( I know, I know, we abused Ashley last year by not carving a pumpkin.) It was a huge success and Ashley got loads and loads of fiber and vitamin A when she decided to "help" us clean out the pumpkin by eating the guts! I know it won't kill her which is why she managed to eat some but I couldn't just let her eat a ton of raw pumpkin, hence the picture where she has a pouty face after taking the guts away...






2 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute! I'm glad at least someone enjoys eating pumpkin guts... lol Miss you guys!

Tschus! :)

hburdie said...

Her pouty face is the best!

Post pics of her Halloween costume soon! :)